DVD Upscaler

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Great site... After all the feedback I am going to purchase a Panasonic TH42PX80B (right pricematch from JL + 5Y warranty). Also looking at 50in Plasma what is the best option for under £1000?

To get maxim picture quality from my 300+ DVD collection what upscale DVD player should I buy?

Is HDMI better than Component??? Stupid question but spoken to a few people who claim they can not spot the difference. What medium cost leads would you recommend for best picture results?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Good upscaling DVD players you should consider are the Marantz DV7001 (£600), or the Denon DVD-1940 (£250) if you want to spend less. And yes, HDMI is the best video connection to use. I'd recommend you connect the DVD player to the TV using either QED's Qunex HDMI-P (£50) or Van den Hul HDMI (£45). Both are excellent.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andy just seen Denon DVD 140 for £149.95 on S&V site.

In relation to the 50in plasma question, my living room is 15 x 12 foot, I will have to hang the plasma over my fireplace (which is disabled) will a 50 inch plasma be ovewhelming?? Do I need a tilt bracket and what would you recommend?

I have a 36" CRT at the moment which does not dominate the room.

TRENDING THREADS