DVD to LCD TV Connection - Help needed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

I know nothing about Hi-Fi / TV technology - not even the basics.

Our aerial fitter has set us up with a good aerial, there are no breaks or connections in the cable between the aerial and our new - TV a Samsung LE 32S73BX. I've been looking through the forum items and will be buying a conditioner, so I think I'm ok so far.

But, how should I connect my DVD player (Pioneer DV444 - old but ok for me) to the TV?

The DVD player has an AV Connector (RGB) TV (SCART?) socket, togther with video out and audio out sockets.

The back of the TV has various socket 'holes' - more perforations than a tea bag - certainly more than I can cope with! And it has:

(SCART? sockets) '1 (RGB)' and '2 (AV)'.

Should I use a SCART cable - if so can you recommend one, I'm a bit tight fisted so go easy ?; or

Should I use the various video/audio inter connects - if so any cable recommendations would help - is there any major quality differences between the SCART -v- Video/Audion cable connections?.

Any other,non-too-expensive, improvements you can suggest would be appreciated

And, yes I really am this far down the technology knowledge ladder.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

It sounds like your best connection between your DVD and TV is the Scart. This will do the job:

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/1726

A

Anonymous

If the picture quality is not what you would expect, you will probably need to set the dvd player to output an RGB signal. If you are stuck with that come back to me with make and model number of your dvd player, and I will see if I can guide you through it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts