DVD player or CD player?!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Could anyone advise me whether CD playback on the much acclaimed Marantz DV7001 is as good as on the CD6002? I know that people always say the individual CD player is better. But isn't that because to admit otherwise would make the whole CD player market redundant! Is anyone able to give me an honest opinion from a position of knowledge.. anyone who owns one and knows how good the DV7001 is?!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I don't know about between these two products but I have a Denon DVD1940 and a Denon DCD700ae. The dvd player has won many awards in it's price range - albeit cheaper than the DV7001 and my cd player is a little cheaper than the CD6002. However, the sound difference between the two staggered me. It really isn't close - it's a different sound altogether. I would be astonished if the DV7001 could hold a candle to it's little CD brother.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Just had a chat with the test team and the conclusion is that the CD6002 would be marginally better as a CD player than the DV7001, but the latter is a remarkably musical player for a DVD machine and the difference is much less than you might think. There's not a huge amount in it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts