DVD player needs a lift

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I've moved my DVD player from the top of my rack to the floor underneath it, to accomodate the new turntable next week.

It's now sitting on the floor and I have approx 1cm of space in height to play with, to put something underneath the DVD player to solate it, and of course to make it fit the space like all my other components.

Anyone any suggestions. 1cm is the max height the 'isolation' platform can be ie a very thin granite chopping board or suchlike. And I don't really want to spend more than £20 as I watch movies infrequently.

Messiah

Maybe these?? (Seems the chopping board has been discontinued
emotion-3.gif
)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
up the music:I think you know that anyway Joel. Do you have room for a wall mounted turntable bracket? Then you can return your DVD to it's former shelf.

I do. Just. But 'er indoors wouldn't be amused.

ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Messiah:Maybe these?? (Seems the chopping board has been discontinued
emotion-3.gif
)

Very close but no cigar. They are 2cm in height and ever so slightly too shallow, but as I say very along the right lines.

ÿ

Messiah

Just to confirm though that they are only 1cm each and the pack of two together are 2cm. I have them so I know they are certainly not that thick. If only they were a little deeper....

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You know what they are about 2cm too short...

BUT

If I laid them side to side they would be 42cm across and would fit with about 2cm to spare.

For slightly less than sick squid I may just take a punt.

Are they definitely only 1cm in height?

ÿ

A

Anonymous

do you have carpet or wooden/laminate flooring?

I have loads of little wooden discs 8mm high that i use for getting the height of the projector right (until i move and can fit a ceiling mount).

They wouldn't work on carpet, but i could stick some in the post for you if you have laminate etc.

they look like this:

IMG_1424.jpg

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
fast eddie:do you have carpet or wooden/laminate flooring?I have loads of little wooden discs 8mm high that i use for getting the height of the projector right (until i move and can fit a ceiling mount).They wouldn't work on carpet, but i could stick some in the post for you if you have laminate etc.they look like this:
IMG_1424.jpg

That's cool. Would they fit under the rubber/plastic feet thet the DVD player already sits on? It has 4 feet and is sitting on original wooden floorboards?

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Also available in white? I think I've got exactly the same thing - twelve of each colour..............

A

Anonymous

@ sam68 - and one red one?

@ Joel - Yes it will fit under the feet, i've done it before. Although mainly to level racks and screens in my wobbly floored flat!

if you get my email off the mods i can send them down. It'll be a couple of black and a couple wood, as i can't find 4 the same colour at the moment.

edit: talking of Mods - Not trading... free stuff (just incase i get shouted at)

A

Anonymous

@ sam68 - and one red one?

No red one, I'm afraid - just from a draughts/chess set I've got in the loft. Don't think the chess pieces would be much good though.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Mine is from a Carrom set hence the red piece (like the black ball in pool)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Ed,

ÿ

they are perfect, much appreciated.

If they sound good then I may buy the world's supply of draughts pieces and market them under the pseudonym Ruff Andrews

ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

No problem... wouldn't think they'll do much for sound, but they certainly lift

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
fast eddie:No problem... wouldn't think they'll do much for sound, but they certainly lift

It's a DVD player that is rarely used because I don't really have time for films.

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts