DVD Multi region cdoe

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone know of a multi region hack code for a panasonic DMR-EX89. Only seen a remote which apprently sends the code, cost £24.99.

Thanks

taff 68[:(]

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
In general, Panasonic hardware has been notably resistant to simple code hacks. Usually the players have to be 'cracked' with one of these special remotes, or via an internal hardware modification.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I recently looked into hacking my DMR-EX88, I imagine the issues will be the same. As Andrew has already said, Panasonic in particular are difficult to hack. There is a very long thread on another forum if you google for it on hacks in general and panasonic specifically. Basically, it is possible to programme a remote (NOT a logitech as they don't work the same way) with a hack code. If you don't have such a remote already tho you're looking at about £10 on eBay and not everyone seems to succeed.

If the guy you've found selling custom hack remotes is from Halifax, he's the guy I used. Last year he was charging £20 via his website, but just £10 on eBay. It is completely homemade and works only once, but works as described, and my EX88 is now region free.

There is more bad news tho - Panasonic don't switch automatically between PAL and NTSC. So even once hacked, you have to go into the menus and change to NTSC before you can watch a US disc. And if you have a programme set to record, it won't come out right unless you've switched back to PAL. For this reason, my next player is NOT going to be a panasonic!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts