DVD-DL players?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello folks,

Can you advise me of any DVD players that will play DL-'Double layer' DVDs,please?

If that is a little easy(?),a Hidef one would be even better..

Thanks very much

Kelvin.Osborne@openreach.co.uk

A

Anonymous

Maybe it's some-thing in the PC recording then,but my DLs won't play on 3 players. I don't have their specs to hand.

Thanks

Kelvin

A

Anonymous

I misunderstood you. All (I think) film DVDs are dual layer but you mean ones you have burnt yourself? Many DVD players will not play films from home made DVD.

What is it you are trying to burn? It will only read if you have both a VIDEO_TS and an AUDIO_TS and any spaces in the disc name are replaced with an underscore.

A

Anonymous

VIDEO_TS,AUDIO_TS ?

THERE IS NO REFERENCE TO THE ABOVE,AT ANY STAGE.

MY STEPS TO DVD WERE:

EDIT IN DV FILE WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER

SAVE TO PC

NERO 7 -MAKE YOUR OWN DVD. ADD VIDEO FILE,ETC. BURN TO DVD.

I DID ACTUALLY FIND A PLAYER THAT WIIL PLAY THESE 'DOUBLE-SIDED' DVDS, THOUGH I STILL NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS TOTALLY UNIVERSAL OR SPECIFIC TO PARTICULAR PLAYERS - IF SO,WHICH?.

IT IS NOT LISTED AT ANY PLAYER GENERAL INFOS (ONLY '+ - R/RW IS STATED).

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE REPLY

KELVIN

A

Anonymous

I've not had any experience with Windows Movie Maker though it should create the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders for you. It should at least create the VIDEO_TS folder (which contains both video and audio) and then you need to create an empty folder called AUDIO_TS and place it on the disc before burning.

Just check the discs you've already burnt to see what's on there. ÿDon't forget to try the discs on as many dvd players as possible and not leave any spaces in the disc name, DVD players are a picky bunch!ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts