Dummies guide to bi amping

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
TrevC said:
Just thought I'd point out that there are no benefits in terms of available power in a passively biamped set up because both amplifiers are amplifying the full audio spectrum. The available total power output is therefore limited to the undistorted output of the lower power amplifier, regardless of whether it's used for treble or bass.

I alluded to this in an earlier post, good to have it spelled out so clearly.

Not that clear. I'd appreciate if its elaborated in more details.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
davedotco said:
TrevC said:
Just thought I'd point out that there are no benefits in terms of available power in a passively biamped set up because both amplifiers are amplifying the full audio spectrum. The available total power output is therefore limited to the undistorted output of the lower power amplifier, regardless of whether it's used for treble or bass.

Or are you just joshing.....*unknw*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
Vladimir said:
davedotco said:
TrevC said:

Or are you just joshing.....*unknw*

I'm a dummy asking a question. I'd like TrevC to explain a bit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts