Dual Mono - benefits?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Some time in December I'm going to test some of the amplifiers back home (Poland). One which I particulary like already (based on the company reputation and looks:)) is this:

3.jpg

Details here http://www.struss.com.pl/ang/3ang.html

Now- this is "dual mono" solution. What are the benefits of this setup and possible drawbacks?

Thanks!

Dan

A

Anonymous

I think you might mean bi-amping. Lots of threads on that already

A

Anonymous

Aaah - ok. Sorry - I was confused by the terminology:) - so basically dual mono means that each channel have separate amp. What on earth I'm thinking about today:) I'm soooo absent minded

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Yes, you're right outside75, dual mono will give you one amp for left and one for right. This is different to bi-amping which as Welshboy says, there are lots of posts on here about.

The advantage lies in seperating the left and right signal at the pre-amp outputs. Once seperated they cannot interfere with one another electrically. Each amp also has it's own power supply which has some benefits when it comes to driving the speakers (a techie audiophile could explain this better).

The downside is the added cost of case work and two power supplies.

I've not followed your link yet but those amps look very 70's retro (nice).

Lee

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Just to support the statement by up the music.

See the picture for the insides of the Little Dot MK V Dual-Mono Headphone Amplifier. Cool or what?

001.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts