DTS MA on Wanted blu ray

c.honda

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
I have rented Wanted on Blu Ray and want to listen to it with the DTS Master Audio, but there isn't an option to select this on the disc.

Does this mean that it will automatically be in DTS MA providing I have the equipment to decode it?

I am using s Sony BDP-550 to decode the audio and feeding it to an old Denon 1906 amp using analogue cables.

The other films I've seen had the option to choose hi def audio or standard Dolby Digital or DTS but Wanted has no such options.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Mmm, seems odd, all the Blu-rays I've watched so far have, as you say, given the option of choosing between the different soundtracks. Are you sure the disc is encoded with DTS-MA? Sometimes the packaging can be mis-labelled - certainly come across that before (ie on Bladerunner).

A

Anonymous

No, if it is not listed on the menu it means you can't get DTS MA no matter what equipment you use and will have to settle for Dolby True HD.

Not all BluRays carry all the HD Audioÿformatsÿ- some don't carry any at all. ÿ

nads

mjtoal:
No, if it is not listed on the menu it means you can't get DTS MA no matter what equipment you use and will have to settle for Dolby True HD.

Not all BluRays carry all the HD Audio formats - some don't carry any at all.

sorry wrong two different companies.....

But yes there is only one sound track and it is the DTS HD Master 5.1.

c.honda

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
So I was right, I will be getting DTS HD Master audio, just that as my amp isn't decoding I have no way of knowing other than comparing the audio from the Digital connection, DTS in this case, and then using the analogue inputs for DTS HD Master audio.

A

Anonymous

nads:mjtoal:

Not all BluRays carry all the HD Audioÿformatsÿ- some don't carry any at all. ÿ

ÿ

sorry wrong two different companies.....

ÿ

But yes there is only one sound track and it is the DTS HD Master 5.1.

ÿ

Err, thanks. But I know they are two different companies. One is DTS and the other is Dolby. The clue was in the names of the audio formats. And not all discs have DTS MA. but most have Dolby True HD, so what I was saying was if DTS MA is unavailable on the disc, you will have to settle for a format made by a different company but still pretty good, called Dolby True HD. ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts