Dream HiFi I heard today

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well I just got back from a great day at the National Audio Show 2010 and have heard some fantastic and disappointing systems.

I had the greatest of privileges to hear the following system.... And I want it.

* DarTZeel NHB-108 Power Amp

* DarTZeel Monoblock Prototype (Pair off)

* Magico V3 Speakers

* Metronome Kalista Reference-SE CD Player

* C2-A Signature Tube DAC

The sound from this setup was beyond anything I thought possible. It sounds as real as being in beside the musicians in the rooms. Better than anything else at the show. Even some speakers that cost £116k compared to the £30k Magico's.

If I had £500k in the bank I would not hesitate to buy this. If anyone has a chance to hear this. DO!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I thought the Dart and Magico was OK, very hifi and a bit clinical for my taste although I can see why many many people love them. Did you went into Burmester and Systemdeck room? now they were pure magic(al)

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Thaiman:I thought the Dart and Magico was OK, very hifi and a bit clinical for my taste although I can see why many many people love them. Did you went into Burmester and Systemdeck room? now they were pure magic(al)

What components/speakers were in this setup in this Burmester and Systemdeck room? I love my music to be musical above clinical and i'm suprised many costly high end systems leave me cold.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
RCduck7:

Thaiman:I thought the Dart and Magico was OK, very hifi and a bit clinical for my taste although I can see why many many people love them. Did you went into Burmester and Systemdeck room? now they were pure magic(al)

What components/speakers were in this setup in this Burmester and Systemdeck room? I love my music to be musical above clinical and i'm suprised many costly high end systems leave me cold.

Burmester was using their own midrange gears (call top line in their range) at the show, sound very soulful in the mid range. the room was huge, still the system produced a very reasonable deep bass but in a rolling natural way rather than seismic. As for Systemdeck room, they were showing off the new reference 3D deck (£21,000) along with the cheaper one (3D precision) which I took home for demo, Allnic phono stage, amplification was Mastersound Pre/845 mono blocks driving pair of ART Deco 20 signature. The sound, to my ears (and may be I am a bit bias as a mastersound/ART owner) was the best at the show. The room was quite small yet the system manage to sound big and assure. This system is more about feeling rather than precision, live rather than studio. Even the old Deep purple records (child in time, original pressed) sounded so fresh like I never heard that song before.

only if I have the money!

A

Anonymous

Hello from france,and Sorry for bad English!
emotion-10.gif

Thaiman,have you experimented with a tube rolling on your 845 Evolution?

having the same amp to drive my ProAc D18,I share your opinion on this Italian marvel

Jacques

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts