Dragonfly red or somthing else?

nightowl

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello Everyone

Not too sure if these questions has been asked before, so apologies if they have, but if anyone can give a bit of insight that would be great.

With regards to the Audioquest dragonfly red DAC, what are they like with films and PC games, and is there a noticeable difference between the dragonfly black and red? (the Cobalt is too expensive).

I realise that there are plenty of reviews on the internet, but I would like to hear the opinions of the owners who have had the opportunity to listen to the DACs for a while now.

Finally is it better to purchase a desktop DAC rather than a portable DAC as once this is connected I don't really see a need to remove it (I'm not planning to carry it around connected to a Smartphone etc.) if so, could anyone make some suggestions please.

thank you

abacus

Nothing wrong with the dragonfly range and the differences are small, (It all depends on how good the rest of the system is as to whether you hear a difference) however they are just stereo, so if you listen to films and games in surround sound then they are not what you are after, so you will need to go for an interface that has the surround sound features.

Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts