Don’t rent an OLED or TV

It turns out to be frightfully expensive. £10.49 per week over 5 years for a 55-inch TV is £2800. And you can buy it outright for £1049. You would expect most people (except gel of course) to keep the TV throughout the 5-year warranty period at least.

I've owned the 50-inch Panasonic plasma for 8 years and 32-inch Samsung TV for 13 years. I would've ended up paying a lot lot more if I decided to go rental route.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
It turns out to be frightfully expensive. £10.49 per week over 5 years for a 55-inch TV is £2800. You would expect most people (except gel of course) to keep the TV throughout the 5-year warranty period at least.

I've owned the 50-inch Panasonic plasma for 8 years and 32-inch Samsung TV for 13 years. I would've ended up paying a lot lot more if I decided to go rental route.
You can upgrade each year though (I think). Wouldnt recommend it though just highlighting a potential deal for some.

I always wonder who in their right mind is enticed by '50% off for for three months'.
It turns out to be frightfully expensive. £10.49 per week over 5 years for a 55-inch TV is £2800. And you can buy it outright for £1049. You would expect most people (except gel of course) to keep the TV throughout the 5-year warranty period at least.

I think you are quite right but in my experience those that rent are those that have no other option.
They can't afford to buy outright and cannot get a credit card etc.

I think you are quite right but in my experience those that rent are those that have no other option.
They can't afford to buy outright and cannot get a credit card etc.
Agree. Although in case of TVs, if people can't afford, it's better to buy a cheap second hand TV rather than renting the latest 2022 OLED. I remember buying my first TV (28-inch JVC) second hand for £40 in 2004.

Reactions: Al ears

Friesiansam

I just remembered, back in 1994 I rented a TV from Granada, in Wells, Somerset, intending to keep it for a year or so. A few months later I won a TV in a draw at work.

I went to the hire shop to ask them to take their TV back but, the staff just didn't seem to believe me and refused to do anything about it. I went home, put the TV in my car and around half an hour later, I went back in to the hire shop and parked the TV in the middle of the shop floor. Never heard anything more from them.

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts