Dolby True HD:What players can output raw bitstream?

yiannis550

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
So far I have noticed that the Toshiba HD EP-35 can output raw bitstream true HD audio What other players can do this? Any blue ray ones yet? what about the PS3?

A

Anonymous

Hi

For HD DVD, look at the recently updated Toshiba HD-XE1 (so long as it sports the latest firmware, available free) plus the 'EP35 you've mentioned. I gather the new Onkyo will do the job too, but it's being sold here in exceptionally limited numbers, so don't get too excited. We won't be reviewing one, for precisely that reason.

For Blu-ray, the Pioneer BDP-LX70A is the chief candidate, recently joined by Sony's BDP-S500. However, in the brief play I've had with the Sony so far, it won't output DTS-HD. Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD yes, but not DTS.

Other forthcoming BD kit that should deliver the goods include the new Denon (due first quarter next year), the long-feted and much-delayed Samsung universal player, the equally delayed LG universal deck and, I hope, a firmware-upgraded PS3. Roll on the relevant download on that front.

Cheers, AK

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts