Dolby True HD - LFE - Ironman

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just watched Ironman on Blu Ray and had to turn the bass down by 5db as it was really boomy. Has anyone else noticed this or is the bass soundtrack like this on all Dolby True HD soundtracks? With DTS master audio, DD and DTS I don't have to alter bass settings.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
mv:I've just watched Ironman on Blu Ray and had to turn the bass down by 5db as it was really boomy. Has anyone else noticed this or is the bass soundtrack like this on all Dolby True HD soundtracks? With DTS master audio, DD and DTS I don't have to alter bass settings.

I found it the opposite - brilliant accurate sound without too much, unnecessary loudness.

A

Anonymous

No. Also I noticed that I had to turn the volume up by 10db to get to the level that I normally listen at on say a DD or DTS MA soundtrack. Maybe that has something to do with it?? I read a review (in another home cinema mag) on this disc and they thought the soundtrack was amazing, but I felt completely the opposite. Do you think it could be a mistake on the disc I have or maybe my sub is just set too high. I haven't noticed this before though. Can anyone recommend a good dvd or blu-ray scene for testing LFE levels?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
mv:No. Also I noticed that I had to turn the volume up by 10db to get to the level that I normally listen at on say a DD or DTS MA soundtrack. Maybe that has something to do with it?? I read a review (in another home cinema mag) on this disc and they thought the soundtrack was amazing, but I felt completely the opposite. Do you think it could be a mistake on the disc I have or maybe my sub is just set too high. I haven't noticed this before though. Can anyone recommend a good dvd or blu-ray scene for testing LFE levels?

No, I found that it wasn't as loud and had to turn it up but it sounded fantastically realistic.

A

Anonymous

You don't state what player you have, but some models have a setting that tells the player to use the dynamic range defined by the disc. I tested it on my player, and it sounded pretty anaemic on the 'auto' mode. When I switched it to wide (full range) it sounded as expected.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
mv:I've just watched Ironman on Blu Ray and had to turn the bass down by 5db as it was really boomy. Has anyone else noticed this or is the bass soundtrack like this on all Dolby True HD soundtracks? With DTS master audio, DD and DTS I don't have to alter bass settings.The soundtrack is actually mixed with deep bass, i read the review for this movie on the bluray website & they say the same that the bass is one of the most aggressive theyve ever reviewed.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
mv:No. Also I noticed that I had to turn the volume up by 10db to get to the level that I normally listen at on say a DD or DTS MA soundtrack. Maybe that has something to do with it?? I read a review (in another home cinema mag) on this disc and they thought the soundtrack was amazing, but I felt completely the opposite. Do you think it could be a mistake on the disc I have or maybe my sub is just set too high. I haven't noticed this before though. Can anyone recommend a good dvd or blu-ray scene for testing LFE levels?

I watched some of Spiderman 3 last night and it's the best sound I've heard so far - unbelievable in fact. I had my receiver on -40db as everyone was in bed and I got a call on my mobile from the missus, telling me to turn it down as it was so loud!! I can't wait to watch it at the weekend at -15db!!

By the way, you get a choice of surround sound with Spiderman 3, Dolby TrueHD or Dolby PCM (PCM was better).

A

Anonymous

PCM isn't Dolby ;) In practise there should be no discernible difference between lossless and uncompressed audio like TrueHD and PCM, except that PCM will be louder.

A

Anonymous

It could be that theres a significant amount of bass below 30hz maybe your sub is having a hard time going so low and distorting

A

Anonymous

garethwd:It could be that theres a significant amount of bass below 30hz maybe your sub is having a hard time going so low and distorting

I think the man here hit the nail on the head.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS