Dolby Atmos track turned to Stereo on Tidal

breesyaudio

Feb 1, 2023
Visit site
I have an Android TV device called Homatics Box R 4K Plus with Android TV 11, the device is connected to an Onkyo AV receiver with Dolby Atmos decoding, the problem is, the Tidal app is not detecting this and it's playing all Dolby Atmos tracks in stereo, I don't have any problems playing Dolby Atmos in apps such as Netflix and HBO Max, but the Tidal app is not working correctly with this.

What is wrong? Anyone has idea?

manicm

I have an Android TV device called Homatics Box R 4K Plus with Android TV 11, the device is connected to an Onkyo AV receiver with Dolby Atmos decoding, the problem is, the Tidal app is not detecting this and it's playing all Dolby Atmos tracks in stereo, I don't have any problems playing Dolby Atmos in apps such as Netflix and HBO Max, but the Tidal app is not working correctly with this.

What is wrong? Anyone has idea?

Ok first obvious and stupid question. Does the Tidal app on your Homatics Box offer the Dolby Atmos option on the offered tracks? If there's no option it means Tidal does not support Atmos on your device, regardless of your AV receiver. What TV do you have btw?

I installed the Tidal app on my LG C1 TV, and it does offer Atmos on some albums - like Bjork's Fossora. In fact they offer a wonderful music video of hers in Atmos. Again, if Atmos is not an option it means the Tidal app for that device does not support Atmos.

manicm

breesyaudio

Feb 1, 2023
Visit site
Error says "Playing in stereo. This device is not capable of playing Dolby Atmos content".

I noticed today, it plays Dolby atmos. I thought it was fixed. then i went out to do some errands. And when I get back, and try again, I get the same error.

LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    726.8 KB · Views: 6

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts