Dolby Atmos speaker advice

Rob Onions

Apr 15, 2021
Visit site
I have a fairly old Acoustic Energy Aegis 3 speaker setups with Evo 3 fronts, rear and sub. I have just invested in a Samsung Q95t TV and Denon AVR-X2700H receiver and would like to add some Dolby Atmos speakers to complete the set up. I'm looking for some advice on which ones to go for which would compliment my existing set up. I can't use ceiling speakers as I have a vaulted ceiling.

Rob Onions

Apr 15, 2021
Visit site
Vaulted ceiling will not bounce sound back reliably and you won't get the results you're hoping for. You can try and see. KEF do some likely upfiring Atmos speakers, but make sure you are able to return them if you're not happy with the results.
Thanks Michael. Would I be best either hanging some upfiring speakers from the vailed ceiling firing down, or maybe on the back wall up high above the TV firing down?

Thanks Michael. Would I be best either hanging some upfiring speakers from the vailed ceiling firing down, or maybe on the back wall up high above the TV firing down?
I'm not Michael. Can you post some pictures of your ceiling please?

If putting speakers on the ceiling, you don't need upfiring speakers. Normal speakers will do the job. Speakers above the TV will not give you a proper effect.

Rob Onions

Apr 15, 2021
Visit site
I'm not Michael. Can you post some pictures of your ceiling please?

If putting speakers on the ceiling, you don't need upfiring speakers. Normal speakers will do the job. Speakers above the TV will not give you a proper effect.
20210416_133157.jpg

Hi, here's my room. Would any kind of rear surrend speakers do the job? Might see if I can pick up some acoustic energy ones off ebay to match.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts