Question does yamaha rs500 has built in dac? if not, can someone recommend me a good one for around 100-150eur?

Wet Cat

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
so I'm running sometimes my phone to the amp and out to focal 906 and I feel some of the songs could be improved even tho I'm using a lot of flac files and running high quality cable.
I'm not sure if the amp has any dac and if so if its a good one or should I buy one for around 100-150eur?
if so I would like to hear some recommendations, if there is an option which costs more but worth the difference thats okay too.
thanks!

Wet Cat

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
can you get digital out from that phone? If not no point in a DAC
running a cable out isn't sending a digital out? how can I know if it's possible on my phone? I have a xiaomi mi 9s running android 11
To be honest, Dacs at that price are pretty much of a muchness. Close your eyes and take your pick.
I see, so not superior product at this range? is the iFi zen good or should I save to up my budget? what is the next price step?

dkontos

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
running a cable out isn't sending a digital out? how can I know if it's possible on my phone? I have a xiaomi mi 9s running android 11

I see, so not superior product at this range? is the iFi zen good or should I save to up my budget? what is the next price step?
Ifi Zen is perfect for streaming wirelessly from your mobile....!!! If you want to use cables, you can find other solutions.

gasolin

Topping E30

Tinman1952

I assume you are currently using the 3.5mm headphone output on your phone so it is not digital it is analogue sound. As your amp does not have a DAC and you are connecting to an analogue input...that should have told you it is not a digital output.
The Zen blue is a fine, flexible device but it is bluetooth so not full CD quality...
I second the suggestion of a Topping E30 and to get digital out of your phone you would use the USB connection NOT the headphone output.

Reactions: Wet Cat

If you are getting sounds out of your phone with the current set up then it is sending analog out and using the DAC in the phone itself

yeah I'd prefer cables for best quality, BT isn't there yet
I would have said that too, until a few weeks ago I heard an outstanding system where the owner used Bluetooth from an iPhone. However, it was a new implementation of Bluetooth with an acronym I can’t recall -sorry.

Just to say it is now possible, and I daresay an ifi product might well to that trick. My friend had a Bluetooth receiver into a pretty decent Hifi DAC, thence to Prima Luna amps and MBL speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts