Does Sky HD Upscale?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I currently have Sky + which I love. Am considering getting Sky HD but am wondering if it's really worth the £250 and the extra tenner a month. Obviously the pictures on HD broadcasts will be amazing, but I'm wondering if it will make standard broadcasts any better than what I see on my Sky + box now?

Cheers. 

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Firstly Hang fire on your possible upgrade until Sky has officially lowered the Price of the HD box to £150 in a few weeks time.
emotion-21.gif

Now as for the Picture quality of the SD channels. The HD box can upscale all SD 576i transmissions to either 720p or 1080i depending upon how you set the HD box video output but IMHO the best picture results come from having this set to AUTOMATIC leaveing the box to output the channel at its native resolution and your TV's scaler to do ay upscaling.

Having switched from a Sky+ box to a HD one Myself, I can report that there is a big improvement in SD picture quality when using the HD box which is in My oppionion down to the digital HDMI connection which is far superiour to that of a RGB Scart connection, just a shame the some Broadcastors still transmit such poor signals(ITV 2 springs to mind)
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your help. That's all good to know. I guess I will hang off ordering Sky HD for now then. There's no great hurry, I just want it for the start of the new season :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts