Does anyone remember Clearwater Silver Export Speakers

Sandy Taylor

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I can remember going over to Derby with my father some thirty years or so ago to purchase a pair of stand mount speakers called Clearwater Silver Export.

i have recently tried to do some research on these but drew a blank.

Does anyone remember these speakers, what happened to the company and where are the people who designed them working now?

Many thanks in the vague hope that someone may be able to assist.

Sandy Taylor

Sandy Taylor

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
All I can remember is that they were big cabinets for a stand mount.

the front covers were a dark grey/black colour with a red vertical line off centre and they had a rectangular silver plate on the front with the name Clearwater.

i recall that they delivered aan open and transparent sound. I believe they must have been pretty good speakers as they were partnered with Linn Sondeck LPC 12 and a Graham Nalty ( founder and owner of Sonic Link and Black Rhodium) Vituoso amp,

Regards

Sandy Taylor

Sandy Taylor

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi thanks for your reply

Yes, unfortunately the only reference I could find on the net in relation to Clearwater is that of the. Company making speakers for car audio.

i am just intrigued to find out what happened to the company or more importantly the people that designed and built these fine cabinets.

you will see from my other posting that my father really rated them as he used them in what was a vey good system in about 1981/ 1982.

kind regards

Sandy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts