Does anyone know to setup an AV receiver to work with YouTube?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
My now TV box (£15 last time I looked) and my humax freesat box both have youtube apps and of course play through my AV receiver.. They can be controlled from the youtube app on a phone or tablet (which is much more convenient). Is that what you meant?

D

Deleted member 2457

hammill said:
My now TV box (£15 last time I looked) and my humax freesat box both have youtube apps and of course play through my AV receiver.. They can be controlled from the youtube app on a phone or tablet (which is much more convenient). Is that what you meant?
I think so. I am currently only getting sound from the centre speaker - I will try the app. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

Got it sorted - cheers! I think it depends on the recording.
thumbs_up.png

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Assuming you're not happy with loading the YouTube app onto your Smart TV, and using the ARC channel or a fibre optic back from TV to receiver, I would think you could put an Amazon Fire or Roku or whatever stick directly into one of the receiver's spare HDMI sockets, or hook a Fire / Roku / whatever box using a HDMI cable.

Word to the wise: cute kitten videos are addictive but stay away from the goat pron...

D

Deleted member 2457

Benedict_Arnold said:
Assuming you're not happy with loading the YouTube app onto your Smart TV, and using the ARC channel or a fibre optic back from TV to receiver, I would think you could put an Amazon Fire or Roku or whatever stick directly into one of the receiver's spare HDMI sockets, or hook a Fire / Roku / whatever box using a HDMI cable.

Word to the wise: cute kitten videos are addictive but stay away from the goat pron...
*biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts