Does anyone have opinions on the Bryston integrateds?

A

Anonymous

Go with Bryston, techincaly superior than the others in every way.

A

Anonymous

And, would it be a good replacement for the Mira3 in my system?

I might move the mira3 into the bedroom with a rs1, fed straight from a second squeezebox I already have.

I heard Bryston at my local dealers a few years ago, connected to Wilson Benesch Square One speakers and it was gorgeous. I couldn't tell you what model of Bryston or value, but in the UK they don't come cheap. BTW, WHFI used to have Krell as a part of their reference system.

A

Anonymous

Need to check the price on it again. Some prices online state it as being as much as the nait xs. (expensive in the US). Maybe that's the version with the dac built in.

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
MoData said:
Need to check the price on it again. Some prices online state it as being as much as the nait xs. (expensive in the US). Maybe that's the version with the dac built in.

the cheapest integrated is about $2800 in the US I think.

A

Anonymous

sounds about right. On par with the Nait XS in terms of price. I'll see if I can hear it to see what's better value.

That's crazy price differential though. In the UK, it's double the price of the Nait XS.

A

Anonymous

Heard the brystons ($4000 integrated amp) today with some $6000 speakers. Not impressed at all. Like my Rega based system much better. I guess I've gotten used to the lean sound of the regas, and whatever speakers they had had too much unnecessary heft and warmth.

I guess I'll be happy with my system for a long time. :)

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
MoData said:
Like my Rega based system much better. I guess I've gotten used to the lean sound of the regas.

I guess I'll be happy with my system for a long time. :)

How about adding a Rega power amp and use the Mira as a pre..

A

Anonymous

Yeah, I'll probably do that. For some reason, Rega gear isn't terribly popular and you can get great deals on s/h gear.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts