Do you trust your own senses?

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
How many of you trust your own senses? Interconnects to one side, how many of you can differenciate between an image running at 60 frames per second compared to an image running at 30 frames per second on a monitor/tv.

idc

I do not believe that we fully understand how all of our sense affect sound quality. Evidence by measurement and blind testing states that certain parts of the hifi chain cannot affect sound quality. But lots of credible people report hearing differences in sound quality.

If you hear or see a difference that 'should not be there' then to what extent have our senses been fooled or have they instead reacted in a very human way?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Don't know why but the title made me think of castles in the sky by ian van dahl, so i've just ordered the album "ace" thanks Thompsonuxb.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
But surely if we see or hear a difference....then there is a difference.

While we are individuals and 10 of us could look at a blue object and see 10 diffent shade of blue also dropping said object could produce 10 different tones to the thud it would make ....even points of reference cannot be trusted if the point of ref is made by another human...

I mean were does it end, ultimately do you trust your own sense?

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
slewis said:
Don't know why but the title made me think of castles in the sky by ian van dahl, so i've just ordered the album "ace" thanks Thompsonuxb.

Look into my eyes..not around my eyes....now send me 10,000 english punds.....o.0

idc

Thompsonuxb said:
But surely if we see or hear a difference....then there is a difference.

While we are individuals and 10 of us could look at a blue object and see 10 diffent shade of blue also dropping said object could produce 10 different tones to the thud it would make ....even points of reference cannot be trusted if the point of ref is made by another human...

I mean were does it end, ultimately do you trust your own sense?

This is now boiling down to would you go by what you hear or what others say? I would trust my own senses to buy what sounds good to me, not what sounds good to others.

T

the record spot

idc said:
This is now boiling down to would you go by what you hear or what others say? I would trust my own senses to buy what sounds good to me, not what sounds good to others.

Absolutely; well said that man.
small-logo.png

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
On the matter of frame rates (in the orignal question). I've never given it a passing thought except to turn off 'intelligent frame creation' because motion looks better with it off.

SteveR750

To answer the OP literally, then none of us have any other choice, otherwise we would not survive for very long. Most of the time I am inclined to believe my own opinion not someone elses (think about that for a moment), but I don't think that's any different from 99.99% of the worlds population.

[note from mods: trust own senses to know this is another trolling thread; locked]

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts