Do you think all 4K Blu-ray players are the same for picture and sound quality?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

The bigger my screen gets the more I think I see differences!

abacus

Natively no, however most have features on board to optimise the output to suit the type of display/system/content. (This is why you need to try them in their native settings (All features turned off) to see how good the TV/Projector is at optimising the output and then compare it to how the player does it)

Bill

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

Do you think a Xbox One S will be suffice for a really big screen then? Obviously sound isn’t going to be as good Just does PCM I think.

D

Deleted member 2457

I am getting this 4K Blu-ray player free with my projector this week:

I think it’s best to hook it up to this for picture and sound quality. I agree the picture and sound can sound different so I want to hook it up to a good one.

D

Deleted member 2457

Since 4K disc players are relatively few, with Samsung and Oppo having exited and no Chinese or Walmart budget specials available afaik, my main criteria for choosing one will be Dolby Vision compatibility.
I prefer HDR over Dolby Vision.

D

Deleted member 2457

Your choice, but remember if you have any interest in streaming Netflix supports DV. And I saw the first episode of Star Trek on Netflix in 4K and my eyes popped out.

It’s really only Samsung TVs that are holding out on DV.
Yep, I have a Samsung which I prefer over my old LG OLED TV I never got on with Dolby Vision on it for 4K Blu-rays. Netflix does look good though you’re right.

Reactions: manicm

buzz_lightclick

Don’t have a 4k player but regular blu Ray players are not all the same, especially for sound. I’ve had around 10 different ones in past 7 years.
Video is similar with all the processing switched off, but they all have their own video processing chips which make them differ slightly.
Sound can vary widely even via HDMI which seems odd as it’s a digital signal, but they handle audio in their own way too.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

Don’t have a 4k player but regular blu Ray players are not all the same, especially for sound. I’ve had around 10 different ones in past 7 years.
Video is similar with all the processing switched off, but they all have their own video processing chips which make them differ slightly.
Sound can vary widely even via HDMI which seems odd as it’s a digital signal, but they handle audio in their own way too.
The Pioneer lx800 sounded amazing!

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts