Do You Like Rock Music?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Do you Like Rock Music? by British Sea Power is a great album but sounds very harsh when the volume is cranked up. Badly engineered or just my hearing? Any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

I like rock music, but I've never heard of who you are on about...

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="heystak"]Do you Like Rock Music? by British Sea Power is a great album but sounds very harsh when the volume is cranked up.
Badly engineered or just my hearing?

[/quote]

I dont. Am I missing something or does'nt Rock/HM has to sound distorted, rough, harsh, loud etc as opposed to smooth, refined detailed bla bla bla ... ?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
Do I like rock music? Do bears **** in woods?
[/quote]

Not if they live in the zoo...

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi heystak

I havent heard this particular album but I suspect its just the way its engineered. I cant actually think of one I could name off the top of my head but I have definately had the same problem with albums in the past. Sure rock music is supposed to have a certain edge but it can be frustrating if youre having a party and want to wack it up a bit and it distorts to the point you have to turn it down or change the record.

Sorry I cant actually be of any real help.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="heystak"]Do you Like Rock Music? by British Sea Power[/quote]

I've got this album and their previous two and it does indeed sound a little compressed and boxed in. Great tunes and playing, poor production/engineering/mastering. Perhaps.A great album, guitar and production-wise, is Copper Blue by Sugar. Bob Mould's layered guitars are melodically and harmonically wondrous. Vinyl version, of course.

A

Anonymous

Survivor / Charlie
Thanks for your comments - glad its not my hearing or equipment!
Copper Blue is good but only have it on CD.
The Southern Harmony & Musical Companion by The Black Crowes is also excellent - not quite Husker Du / Sugar but good all the same.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I like rock music, but I've never heard of who you are on about...

tut tut, stand in the corner and repeat to yourself 'I must visit the record shop more often and stay on this planet.'

A

Anonymous

[quote user="heystak"]Do you Like Rock Music? by British Sea Power is a great album but sounds very harsh when the volume is cranked up.

Badly engineered or just my hearing?

Any thoughts?[/quote]

I think part of it was recorded in a water tower near Ipswich, which would go some way to explaining it...

A

Anonymous

"The Southern Harmony & Musical Companion by The Black Crowes is also excellent"

Good call !!..indeed it is a most excellent record. Some amazing songs on that album - Sting Me, Remedy, No Speak No Slave to name but three. One of my favourite albums - period !

I was lucky enough to go to the record company album playback party at Bar Cuba, Kensington High Street - and was one of the first to hear it. Also, met Chris Robinson, the lead singer there and chatted to him for nearly an hour - really nice guy, if slightly under the influence :)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Define 'Rock Music'.[/quote]It's music, with rocks in.

John Duncan

[quote user="fast eddie"][quote user="JohnDuncan"]Define 'Rock Music'.[/quote]It's music, with rocks in.[/quote]Thanks Mr Pratchett. Like this you mean?

aerosmith_rocks.jpg

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="fast eddie"][quote user="JohnDuncan"]Define 'Rock Music'.[/quote]It's music, with rocks in.[/quote]Thanks Mr Pratchett. Like this you mean?

aerosmith_rocks.jpg
[/quote]I just couldn't resist his description. Also, figured that was the reply you were looking for?
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts