Do you have fibre/Infinity/next-gen broadband? In here please!

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi, folks,

Our local telecoms provider have finally got round to offering fibre, which I've been eagerly awaiting. But it seems a wee bit expensive and has, I feel, slightly restrictive download limits given the speed.

I have the choice of 100gb down/50gb limit for £44.99 or 1GB down/50gb limit for £59.99. What packages are you folks on? Is this fair compared to what you get?

Thanks in advance :)

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes

Blimey that seems a bit steep. I am currently with Virgin media & have a Fibre 50Mb line, soon to be upgraded free of charge to 100Mb paying £28 a month & NO download limit. So yes i would say you are being taken for a ride at that sort of price, it doesnt take long to download 50Gb if you have a 50Mb line less than 10 hours if you have a good connection.

Regards .. Paul

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Thanks, Paul.

That sort of thing would be ideal for me, but I'm in Jersey and we only have a couple of providers. Only one of them currently offers fibre, so those are my only options.

The 1gig package is better value, as it's 10x the speed for £15 more, but I can't quite get my head round paying £60 a month for broadband!

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
That explains partially why it is so expensive, sorry i didnt realise you lived in Jersey. Even so £60 a month is rather a large bill to pay out on broadband, especially with download limits.
smiley-frown.gif

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
No, my bad, I should have mentioned I'm in Jersey!

I come close to my 40gb limit on my current 8mb connection, so I'd probably end up paying a fortune in usage charges if I had the 1gig connection. I was thinking it'd be great for Sky Anytime+, but I guess I'll need to wait a bit longer.

Anyway, ta for replying, seems like not many people venture into this section :)

TRENDING THREADS