Do you find BD technology mature?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
knightout:I have some old dvd flipper discs, and some where one side is the 16:9 anamorphic enhanced version and the other is the 4:3 pan and scan version of the film, they dont bother me.

Yeah I've got one of those (Payback). I meant the ones where you actually had to flip the disc over in the middle of the film. They didn't last very long but they did generate a lot of publicity and could been taken as an indication that DVD wasn't perfect at the time of release.

What does bother me slightly is the number of bonus features on some dvds, I do not mind a directors commentary and the film trailer, but hours of extras. You might say if you dont like the extras dont watch them which is fair enough if they are on a seperate disc, it is when they are eating up space on the main feature disc which could have been used to maximize picture quality that it is slightly annoying. Still I must be in the minority because superbit dvds were not very successful.

Have to admit I always got the Superbit version if it was available. I rarely watch extras now, unless it's an additional feature like on the Wall-E BD.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
What is really annoying is that certain discs just refuse to play. Terminator Salvation plays with difficulty on my Panny but steadfastly refuses to play on my girlfriends LG. it is impossible to get past the menu

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
chudleighpaul:What is really annoying is that certain discs just refuse to play. Terminator Salvation plays with difficulty on my Panny but steadfastly refuses to play on my girlfriends LG. it is impossible to get past the menuThis is a wll known problem. Have you tried looking for new firmware?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts