do i need a subwoofer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
was thinking of buying a pair of mordaunt short 908i,905i centre and 903i bipoles (for rears) to go with my onkyo 605 av'samsung blu-ray and marantz cd6002.can you tell me if this set-up would be ok in a room4m x4m and would i need a subwoofer as the 908i seem to have a sub built in.im a novice as you can tell.

A

Anonymous

Presumably you're going to give the set up a listen first before buying? i've not heard the 908i's but other floorstanders i've heard e.g. Linn akurates and artikulates you really didn't need a sub IMO. The only way you can really tell is by listening, get a demo with a sub and switch it off to see the difference.

A

Anonymous

For home theater use I would absolutely recommend a good sub. It can make a dramatic difference.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yup, completely with fast eddie here. Best advice I think that can go to new people on the forum is to audition their kit. I know it seems a lot easier to try and get everything on the internet, get it delivered to home, install it and hope it all works, but if it doesn't, it could cost you a lot of money. Even if someone else thinks it's great, you may not! Just phone a local dealer who stocks the brand you're interested in, then take a day out on the weekend, drive to them and have a listen. Take your own CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, whatever it is you want to audition. If it's a good dealer, you may well find it's quite an enjoyable few hours / even a day!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts