Do I need a DVD recorder??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The shytem so far is Panasonic TH-42PX80. I am down for SKY HD installation and am very close to ordering the Pioneer LX50 DVD player.

The question I would like to ask is, do I need an extra DVD recorder given that the SKY box records onto its hard disk? What might the advantages be?

I take it that the player, SKY and recorder could be connected separately to the TV via the three HDMI and would not need any of this complicated cabling stuff:)

Is that correct? And IF I might need a recorder....can anyone recomment me a goodie :)

Thank you.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You'll only need a DVD recorder if you want to archive any of the content from your Sky's hard drive (and remember, if you do this it won't be in HD or carry over the surround sound).

I do this so infrequently (twice a year, tops) that I borrow a friend's DVD recorder to do so....

And yes, HDMI's your best bet for your DVD player and Sky box. if you're adding a surround sound receiver into the mix, you could route player and Sky box through that and just have a single HDMI cable running to your TV.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare, yes its because I can envisage wanting to keep certain content that a recorder might be needed. I didn't realise though that you can take stuff 'off' the SKY box to another source. I was just thinking of using SKY box for disposable content and the recorder for posterity!

So can you recomment a recorder that would work well with the system above? Incidentally no receiver, just a 'soundbar' as space at a premium. Thanks again :)

A

Anonymous

Wow, that looks like a lot of technology for the money!! Very impressed! Thanks again!! :)

trevoralves

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
You mention that you cannot record in surround sound mode from Sky's Hard Drive. CAn you record in Surround mode from the satellite TV or from another DVD player for back-up purposes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts