DIY HIFI Stands

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there.

I am new to these forums. I have just invested in a new home video system with help from this site. As a consequence i need a stand for the new items.

I have looked at various sites but am not keen on a lot of designs out there. They seem to lack flexibility. Also i think a lot are overly expensive and post xmas i am pretty skint. I saw a thread on another site regarding modified Ikea tables.

Has anyone here tried anything similar?

Also where could i buy suitable spikes for the legs if i was going to make this?

Thanks in advance.

piper1st

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
tshw1973 said:
I saw a thread on another site regarding modified Ikea tables.

There are loads of options ... just use your imagination. This is my favourite ikea hack ...

IMG_1249-797890.JPG

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
piper1st said:
tshw1973 said:
I saw a thread on another site regarding modified Ikea tables.

There are loads of options ... just use your imagination. This is my favourite ikea hack ...

IMG_1249-797890.JPG

Though it looks really nice, I just wouldn't risk putting my 18kg amp and 16kg cdplayer on those Ikea tables. I believe the ones used here are of the "LACK" type. I bought two of those tables last week, and though they stand pretty stable in the salon, they aren't strong enough to carry much weight since they're not made of real wood. It's just some thin mdf filled with paper...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts