Disaster! Q Acoustics supplying gloss stands for their matte speakers! What to do?

simonbolster

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Folks,

I just bought the Q Acoustics Q7000i speaker package, along with (what I assumed would be) the matching speaker stands.

However - the speakers have a black matte finish, as expected; but the stands have a gloss finish!

I spoke to the supplier I bought them from (hifihut.ie) who spoke to Q Acoustics directly this morning - and according to Q Acoustics, they only briefly produced matte stands, but now they are only producing gloss stands (i.e. the old ones which match the previous generation, and now defunct, Q7000 package). What's more, they are also reverting to a gloss finish for the 7000i speakers too. None of which matches the information on their own website, but I can only report what I've been told just a few minutes ago.

Which leaves me in a dillema. I have the speakers I want (in matte), with stands that simply don't match. It seems an extraordinary and ridiculous situation for Q Acoustics to leave a customer in, but there you have it.

So what should I do? I'm tempted to return the whole lot, but I really want these speakers. I can return the stands, of course.

Can anybody suggest an alternative speaker stand which might work well with these speakers?

You advice / input / sympathy (!!) will be very gratefully received :-(

Thanks as usual in advance...

Simon

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
hi there.

you may want to try this company as they may have what you want in stock, I used them to get a set of proper wall brackets for my Monitor Audio BR1 speakers when my usual hifi dealer couldn't supply the correct type.

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/product/8114/q-acoustics-q7000st-black-speaker-stands-pair-/

hope this helps.

*music2*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts