admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,I have a onkyo 609 and polk audio rti8 and want to upgrade to monitor audio silver rx6 av12 and marantz ud7006 blue ray player. I want to know if these will be compatable and what hmdi and speaker cables to use,I have a samsung 40 inch and ps3,please help.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
First of all, good choice on BDP & speakers. My Marantz BD5004 has been the one constant in my hifi and AV. Brilliant and I'm sure the 7006 tops that, although not sure how :). If the RX6s are anything like my RS6s they'll stand more than one amp upgrade and thank you for it too. Think you'll definitely keep them for a very long time. Regards connectivity I wouldn't go mad with HDMI cables although the very cheap ones in my experience do have suspect build quality Chord give good performance per pound on speaker cable, to even out your budget you can use some of the better quality for the front three. Chord Crimson sub cable or similar seems a quality but affordable solution for that cable too. One thing I would recommend is plugs on the speakers cables, it can get very fiddly around the back of an AV amp.

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much,I will give the chord crimson a try,was also thinking of getting a cd player as I have over 400 cds but don't if that will work with onkyo or will the marantz suffice.if so what cd player and analogue cables or should I save up for a stand alone integrated stereo amp and cd

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
In terms of CD playback. I'd see how you get on with the Marantz as it's supposed to be a universal player and should perform well for CDs. I have a feeling that CD didn't sound as good over HDMI. But I don't think there's any technical reason behind that :). The ud7006 has analogue out should you share my theory.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts