Question Digital volume control on USB DAC (Cabridge Audio DACmagic)

Bleachcz

May 13, 2021
Visit site
Hello good people, I'm here for some help.

I tried a bit of googling and while there are threads (numerous) discussing this issue, I couldn't find a solution to this issue.

The issue is:

My audio setup is: Laptop (Windows 10 64-bit) -> Cambridge Audio DACmagic (the original one, via USB) -> Customworks Hypa 1 (headphone AMP, designed here in the Czech Republic, not very common, but very good quality, connected via 2x RCA Cinch to the DAC) -> Sennheiser HD650 (via 6,3mm jack)

And the problem is, that this audio interface bypasses windows altogether. Adjusting volume in apps works no problem, but the general Windows mixer doesn't work.
This is my only audio interface on this laptop and sometimes I wanna mute some apps, Microsoft teams for instance, or just wanna quickly mute everything on the fly. Plus adjusting the volume on the keyboard is quite handy. Adjusting in on the AMP is a hassle.

An to be fair, I would be fine with some compromise on the audio side of things, but getting windows sound control to work is the absolute priority.

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

Gray

Hello to you.
If you haven't already, it might be worth thoroughly investigating this:
It's very versatile with all its input / output options.
A menu allows you to 'hook' the volume control of your laptop to operate any output you choose. You will see your DAC listed in a pull down box - so you can assign it as your master output.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts