Difficult; NAD or Creek with Epos K2

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
After listening to many speakers i will buy the Epos K2. But i'm in dubt which amp. For my music, metall and rock on normal listening niveau, i think NAD C356BEE could be the best. Otherwise; Creek Evo 50A always been tested with Epos (K2) and maybe the best match. But i' m aftraid the bass is not so good and the sound and highes are not so sweet as the NAD. What do you think?

matt49 said:
In your position I'd buy a cheap 2nd-hand amp as a stopgap while waiting for the K2 active modules to be released.

I'd agree with Matt. The NAD is an old amplifier and pretty much left behind by modern amps. It may be cheaper but it's going to need looking after.

If you think the Creek lacks bass then I would suggest you simply have the wrong speakers for your room.

rainsoothe

Rather recently, I auditioned Epos K1 with several amps, and I really think they benefit from warm sounding amps - which the Creek 50A, imo, was not. So the Nad C356 BEE should be a great match, if the K2 sound a lot like the K1. And hey, if you liked it, then you like it!

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
peterpan said:
After listening to many speakers i will buy the Epos K2. But i'm in dubt which amp. For my music, metall and rock on normal listening niveau, i think NAD C356BEE could be the best. Otherwise; Creek Evo 50A always been tested with Epos (K2) and maybe the best match. But i' m aftraid the bass is not so good and the sound and highes are not so sweet as the NAD. What do you think?

You know Creek and Epos are part of the same company? Having said that the duller NAD may suit your tastes better. Or try a Roksan Kandy K2 if you can, that has more bass and power.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
matt49 said:
In your position I'd buy a cheap 2nd-hand amp as a stopgap while waiting for the K2 active modules to be released.

Have you asked when the active modules will be available? Originally, they were due late 2014, so surely they must be due soon unless there is some major problem. It's such an obvious option to try, isn't it worth a phone call to check?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts