Difficult Bluray choice help!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am torn between ordering a Panasonic BD55 and the Pioneer FD51 - both are around the same price now - what's everyone's thoughts.....,will be plugged into a Yamaha DSP-AX863SE and then into my Arcam Muso/Logo 5.1 system.....I really want to get one or the other ordered asap...

thanks

Alex

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
alexbartman:
I am torn between ordering a Panasonic BD55 and the Pioneer FD51 - both are around the same price now - what's everyone's thoughts.....,will be plugged into a Yamaha DSP-AX863SE and then into my Arcam Muso/Logo 5.1 system.....I really want to get one or the other ordered asap...

thanks

Alex
Hi Alex, I think if it were me id go for the panasonic BD55. i used to own a pioneer & had nothing but trouble with it however thats not to say that this new model from pioneer will have the same issues hopefully theyve sorted the problems but a friend of mine had got a panasonic 55 & he like me used to own a pioneer & he is absolutely over the moon with it in every way , ive seen the panny up & running & i have to agree that it is an excellent player its faster than most at loading etc its got no freezing issues to report it is a joy to use! Or you could try & have a demo of them both & make up your own mind? but for me, id go with the panasonic.

A

Anonymous

I agree with Jase Fox, having just bought a couple. The BD 55 is really brill. and with its 7 analogue audio outs, makes early Jean Michel Jarre CD's sound like 7:1 SACD's!

But my decision to buy 2 of them was over impetuous, so if you want a brand new one (original box, but internal wrapping thrown away) at a very fair price, just let me know ...

Rod Leach.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Hi Rod

How much do you want for your 55??

I was hoping people would recommend the Pioneer as I far prefer the looks of the Pioneer - but at the end of the day its sound and vision on the screen that counts I guess rather than on the shelf!! Just not sure there's an awful lot in it (unless you want to offload your 55 super-cheap Rod??!!) - maybe I'm worrying over nothing and the two are pretty similar - I though the Pioneer was in the next quality bracket up from the 55 - but it appears not to be!!!???

A

Anonymous

Actually I think the BD55 is unobtrusively elegant!

£350.

Yours - Rod.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts