Differences Between Marantz PM6003 and Rotel RA05 SE

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
im no expert but this is my humble opinion, 2 weeks ago i collected my new ra05 se from my local audio T. i needed to replace my arcam a65 as i was not happy my previous amp was a nad c352, anyway i did audition the marantz 6003 the new nad c355 and the rotel ra05 se i found the marantz very detailed but lacked the power and pace and excitment of the nad, but picked the rotel because it had the detail of the marantz the excitement of the nad but the bass was not over powering like the nad can be at times drowning out the detail, the rotel ra05 SE was happy with all types of music the timing and pace was spot on just like a nad the detail was presented to the listener but never forced it was all coherent and the presentation was the best of both worlds.
i was at first concerned about the 40w per ch. of the ra05 as my nad was 80w per ch. but with my M.A br5 and arcam cd73tdiva it sounds great and has plenty of power.
hope this helps, the best thing to do is listen for your self and only then can you make a decision.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
cheers mate i think its a fairly good look at the difference of the rao5se and marantz
what i didnt say is if i was you get the rotel ra05se, i have had two weeks with it, it just sounds great with all music from katie melua to dr dre and eminem and with rock it just uncoveres detail you havent heard before. i love my arcam cd73t just coz its british and love to buy british it means a lot to me but this rotel amp is a budget amp to beat all, it give me the excitement and pace of my former NAD C352 but a more grown up sound, sure audition before you buy but the ra05 se is a jack of all trades.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts