Difference between WHF 5* rated budget speaker stands - little or much?

Dazmb

Aug 26, 2007
Visit site
I've just sold some Epos ELS3 speakers and their matching ST35 speaker stands. So i'm after a new set of stands for my Rega RS1's. I've had the 5* rated Atacama Nexus 6's before and they were fine although a chore to fill with Atabites. The new 6i version can be had locally for £100 all in i'd think with said Atabites. Now the Partington Ansa 60's are flavour of the month being the 2010 WHF award winners - but the recent change of Partington ownership means I can find only one place to buy them which is the retail arm of the new owners. This would force an internet purchase inc Saturday delivery of £140. So my question is between all these top-rated stands just how much difference would there be? A little or quite a bit? The WHF review of the Ansa's seems to point to their being quite a bit better than any other budget stands (if i've read into that correctly). What do people think about differences made by speaker stands?

A

Anonymous

Nowhere near as much as between the speakers themselves, and correct positioning thereof.

That said, the stands I have now weren't cheap. They are, however, solid.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts