Difference between B&W 685 / CM1

A

Anonymous

What don't you like about the 685, sound looks or both?...........

A

Anonymous

I have a pair CM1s, I think that they are a superb mini monitor that uses the same driver and crossover filter as the 800 series so I would have thought that they are a superior speaker, although I have never heard the 685s........

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I think the 685 sound a little dull at low volumes. A little bit more excitement would be welcome. I like the looks a lot.......;)

A

Anonymous

MENISCUS:I have a pair CM1s, I think that they are a superb mini monitor that uses the same driver and crossover filter as the 800 series so I would have thought that they are a superior speaker, although I have never heard the 685s........

If you read their website you'll see that they share the same "technologies". They do not literally use the same driver and crossover!

I think the CM1 are okay but the 5" driver audibly struggles, sometimes, and it overly relies on its rear port to attempt to make it sound better than it does.

The 685 are good, but you have to put up with the plastic front.

A

Anonymous

a4quattro:
MENISCUS:I have a pair CM1s, I think that they are a superb mini monitor that uses the same driver and crossover filter as the 800 series so I would have thought that they are a superior speaker, although I have never heard the 685s........

If you read their website you'll see that they share the same "technologies". They do not literally use the same driver and crossover!

I think the CM1 are okay but the 5" driver audibly struggles, sometimes, and it overly relies on its rear port to attempt to make it sound better than it does.

The 685 are good, but you have to put up with the plastic front.

I totally disagree that it audibly struggles, I have to baffle the rear ports of my speakers, but I suppose that it depends on your amplification.

But as always you must audtion them both, I think you will hear quite a difference.........

A

Anonymous

It's not always, but with certain tracks they just sound a little small.

The 685 were a bit more effortless with heavier music.

I think the music taste will dictate the purchase.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts