diamond 220

trevorok

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
hello everyone i have had my diamond 220 for nearly a year and i want to ask how these got a 5 star rating from what hifi is it a deal with richer sounds ans some salesman who did the review i give them 3 star max there muddy shrill and non exiting and i have had warlfdales before and there not been so disapointing as these any one feel the same

trevorok

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
hi i have them with trio kd1033 turntable cambrige 351cd and kenwood ka5090r amp had my aero 2 on this kit sounded fine 50% better

insider9

trevorok said:
hello everyone i have had my diamond 220 for nearly a year and i want to ask how these got a 5 star rating from what hifi is it a deal with richer sounds ans some salesman who did the review i give them 3 star max there muddy shrill and non exiting and i have had warlfdales before and there not been so disapointing as these any one feel the same

I share the sentiment. Didn't make much of them with any amp/source pairing I've heard them with. Cheaper Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s were much better in my opinion.

trevorok

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
i have made them sound a bit better by putting some extra wadding behind the drive units yesterday if u want to try this if you agree with me as its only my opinion on there sound *drinks*

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
trevorok said:

Did you listen to them before you bought them? If not, sorry, entirely your fault. And particularly don't come on here a year later accusing What HiFi of taking bungs just because you're an idiot. You thoroughly got what you deserved. What HiFi aren't there to guarantee a particular product is going to be perfect for you, they're there to help you build a shortlist. How the hell is anyone at What HiFi going to know (a ) your taste in music (b) your sound preferences (c) how your room sounds (d) how well they will interface sonically with your other components.

Consider it a learning exercise to teach you something you should have already known.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
trevorok said:
try helping not being arragant and plain rude

Oh right so it's perfectly OK to accuse What HiFi of taking financial bungs from Richers because you don't like speakers you never even listened to? Get a grip.

insider9

MajorFubar said:
trevorok said:
try helping not being arragant and plain rude

Oh right so it's perfectly OK to accuse What HiFi of taking financial bungs from Richers because you don't like speakers you never even listened to? Get a grip.

Good spot Major. I've missed it, must be cooler by the sea. I'm sweating here :)

Should probably clarify my earlier statement was in regards to sound quality alone. Nothing to do with RS and/or WHF.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
insider9 said:
Good spot Major. I've missed it, must be cooler by the sea. I'm sweating here :)

Should probably clarify my earlier statement was in regards to sound quality alone. Nothing to do with RS and/or WHF.

Yep it's his accusation that prompted my tort reply tbh, either way don't go whining about the sound of hifi products you didn't audition. He's had them a year ffs! At which point did he decide he didn't like them? If it was within 14 days or so I'm sure Richers would have helped him with an exchange. Don't come on here a year later and accuse WHF of taking bungs from RS to overrate lacklustre products.

insider9

MajorFubar said:
insider9 said:

Yep it's his accusation that prompted my tort reply tbh, either way don't go whining about the sound of hifi products you didn't audition. He's had them a year ffs! At which point did he decide he didn't like them? If it was within 14 days or so I'm sure Richers would have helped him with an exchange. Don't come on here a year later and accuse WHF of taking bungs from RS to overrate lacklustre products.

Whoops, it's my fault then *ROFL*

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
gasolin said:
if you only give them 3 stars why did you keep them for so long?

Exactly.

257c6b63c49e3f0b8d4f0bd1a7905577.jpg

gasolin

I tried them 2 times with different amps, i returned them after 1 day and the second time 1 or 2 days.

I still couldn't live with them long enough to hear if burn in would make a diffrence, to dark sound, not enough bass,very thin and a strange sounding midrange.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts