Devices with in-built Bluesound

suburbansky

Mar 15, 2022
Visit site
I'm thinking about replacing the ancient mini system in my kitchen/dining area. As I use the Bluesound Node with my main system, I'd naturally prefer a device with native Bluesound implementation. The big problem: The kitchen system must have a CD player and DAB radio. While there are plenty of such devices including HEOS or Musiccast, there's no equivalent offering Bluesound - even the NAD all-in-ones don't have what I'm looking for, and they're way too expensive for this type of usage, to boot.

Meanwhile, I know there's some murmuring about new companies adopting Bluesound natively in the near future... Can anyone point me in a direction that would be worth watching, regarding future budget all-in-one CD/DAB/Bluesound micro-solutions?

D

Deleted member 160668

Hold off until the Amptastic arrives (being collected tomorrow) as it's easily good enough to make a kitchen system from. Just attach a CCA / small cd drive. Obvs not Bluesound, but would make a lovely kitchen system.

NB: if I didn't have the Naim Muso QB, I'd be tempted to put mine in the kitchen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: suburbansky

suburbansky

Mar 15, 2022
Visit site
Hold off until the Amptastic arrives (being collected tomorrow) as it's easily good enough to make a kitchen system from. Just attach a CCA / small cd drive. Obvs not Bluesound, but would make a lovely kitchen system.

NB: if I didn't have the Naim Muso QB, I'd be tempted to put mine in the kitchen.

Looking forward to it either way! ;)

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
I'm thinking about replacing the ancient mini system in my kitchen/dining area. As I use the Bluesound Node with my main system, I'd naturally prefer a device with native Bluesound implementation. The big problem: The kitchen system must have a CD player and DAB radio. While there are plenty of such devices including HEOS or Musiccast, there's no equivalent offering Bluesound - even the NAD all-in-ones don't have what I'm looking for, and they're way too expensive for this type of usage, to boot.

Meanwhile, I know there's some murmuring about new companies adopting Bluesound natively in the near future... Can anyone point me in a direction that would be worth watching, regarding future budget all-in-one CD/DAB/Bluesound micro-solutions?

I'd look for a Marantz CR6xx or a similar Denon on ebay they go for about £150 and look for a node 2/2i there as well. Just realised there is a Marantz X I mean the older models 610/611/612

robdmarsh

The Marantz m-cr603 was an absolute jewel in that 6xx series, much better built than the new ones too. The amplifier has a lovely warm sound. The CD player was pretty decent too. It's over ten years old now so good deals available, and as it has a metal case-work these things actually last. I've still got mine and can't bring myself to part with it.

Witterings

Can anyone point me in a direction that would be worth watching, regarding future budget all-in-one CD/DAB/Bluesound micro-solutions?

I don't think there's anything like that available ... especially not if you want CD /DAB player as well.

If you need the amp I think you're choices will either be a Blusound Powernode but you'd need a seperate CD player or an Amp / CD . DAB player of your choice and a 2nd Node plugged into it
If it's just for the occasional mutiroom ether sell your Node and buy 2 WiiM's ... or keep your Node in the main area and again buy 2 WiiM's plugging one into the Node's Optical in and make sure the Amp/CD/DAB player has optical in as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts