Desktop/Office Setup...

james_k100

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Putting together a setup for my new office (just moved house) - so need some advice please....

The only common denominator will be my Clearaudio Concept (MC) and Basic Plus Phono Stage - thinking of wall mounting it, how easy to do is this? Recommend a bracket anyone?

So we are talking New Amp Ideally an all in one that likes to be desk based, so small footprint (and relatively kind on the eye...missus etc) and all-in-one, Streaming etc included - I have already looked at the Naim Unitiqute 2 with bluetooth - thoroughly enjoyed...any other options so as I am aware?

Speakers....KEF LS50's at the moment the runaway choice for space and near listening/low levels - but again open to advice.

Space is square - about 12ft x 12ft.

Want to keep wires to a minimum hence the all in one thoughts and will be using Tidal as well as plugging in computer....

Look forward to your thoughts - Budget set @ £2k all in (Amp, Speakers, Stands, Speaker cable, already have interconnects for the turntable)

Thanks in advance!

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
james_k100 said:
Putting together a setup for my new office (just moved house) - so need some advice please....

The only common denominator will be my Clearaudio Concept (MC) and Basic Plus Phono Stage - thinking of wall mounting it, how easy to do is this? Recommend a bracket anyone?

So we are talking New Amp Ideally an all in one that likes to be desk based, so small footprint (and relatively kind on the eye...missus etc) and all-in-one, Streaming etc included - I have already looked at the Naim Unitiqute 2 with bluetooth - thoroughly enjoyed...any other options so as I am aware?

Speakers....KEF LS50's at the moment the runaway choice for space and near listening/low levels - but again open to advice.

Space is square - about 12ft x 12ft.

Want to keep wires to a minimum hence the all in one thoughts and will be using Tidal as well as plugging in computer....

Look forward to your thoughts - Budget set @ £2k all in (Amp, Speakers, Stands, Speaker cable, already have interconnects for the turntable)

Thanks in advance!

I don't think Kef LS50s are suitable for desktop. They are better on proper stands and clear space, did not find them good at low levels either. I would be looking at an active system in your situation.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
So long as you don't mind streaming over Bluetooth (apt-X), the new Cyrus One amplifier might be a good amplifier for your needs and you won't need a separate phono stage.

Or you could go for something like the Yamaha WXA-50 streaming amplifier with your current phono stage.

A used Leema Elements integrated amplifier with DAC might be a very good choice too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts