desk system

wilfredcp

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have a dacmagic plus and mj acoustics sub and have been looking for a speaker system for my desk: my old speakers and amp are just too large.

i bought a set of focal xs books which were great but then realised i couldnt really integrate them properly with the sub.

so ive been looking at small speakers and amps, but its proving very difficult! anyone got any recommendations?

so far ive been considering:

audioengine n22 amp

audioengine p4 speakers

satellite speakers such as kef hts3001

the audioengine costs £100 more here than in the us, which is a bit offputting. what do people think about using satellite speakers?

thanks in advance,

wilf

J2C

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about the satellite speakers but if you are looking for some good value speakers, the Acoustic Energy Compacts 1s can be had for £85 at the moment on Peter Tyson ebay store. They were £150 when they came out. Combined with the N22 or Firestone Audio BigJoe2 you'd have a nice little system, Fiio A1 is also worth a mention too at only £75. Compact 1s + Fiio A1 is what I'm using and for £165 with speaker wire - can't complain at all.

wilfredcp

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
thanks J2c, those ae compacts look pretty suitable. i think im going to keep the focals though - left it too long to return them and realised i might not get any better sound after going to the effort of changing them for a mini seperates sytem.

TRENDING THREADS