Denon upgrade

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Sorry for some reason my post is not working

Ahhhh now it is!

Guys (and gals) i need some advise. I have owned a Denon DM30 from new, upgrading the speakers to Mission M70's. Very happy with it, but feel it's time to upgrade. I use this set in our bedroom, listening to the radio in a morning (use it like an alarm), and connecting my Ipod Classic at any other time. Can't remember the last time i listened to a cd.

My query is this. Should i upgrade to a DM39, or would one of the new network music systems be a better buy?. I use my Ipad & Iphone thru my Pioneer amp (have to use a cable as Airplay is useless because of BT Homehub3).

Will i be able to get most of the DAB radio stations using internet radio (especially Planet Rock)?

Lastly, will my current speakers cope or should i upgrade those as well. Seen the reviews for Dali Zensor 1, and can get the Monitor Audio BX2 for £20 more. But are these speakers overkill for my intended usage?

Any help appreciated

jjbomber

gsyx123 said:
Will i be able to get most of the DAB radio stations using internet radio (especially Planet Rock)?

PlanetRock streams at 32 Kbps whereas RockRadio 1 streams at 192 Kbps. So yes, you can get it but the quality is quite poor. A better way to listen is via your sky box if you have one, channel 0110. You can even record it. PlanetRock is back up for sale. It's just not the same since Rob Birnie left
smiley-cry.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts