denon TU260L Tuner - Version 1 or Version 2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am after one of the above on ebay and there are loads going for next to nothing. Is there a big difference in sound between the two?

I know that the version 2 has 40 preset stations and the version 1 has only 20 and this makes no difference to me as I wouldn't listen to more than 20 stations, but would I buy the more expensive version 2 if it will sound better.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

T

the record spot

Six in half a dozen; I would go for the mark 2 version which has a few more bells and whistles but there's little in it. Both are excellent VFM and do a more than respectable job at voice reproduction. Music is as good as you can expect with the compressed stations too.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="the record spot"]Six in half a dozen; I would go for the mark 2 version which has a few more bells and whistles but there's little in it. Both are excellent VFM and do a more than respectable job at voice reproduction. Music is as good as you can expect with the compressed stations too.
[/quote]

Thanks record spot, Im watching a Mk2 on ebay (Ooops shouldn't have said nowt).

Greogory, Do you mean one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEAK-Through-Line-III-Valve-Tuner_W0QQitemZ380009915633QQihZ025QQcategoryZ22636QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"considered to be the best tuner produced of all time"

John Duncan

Doesn't the mk2 have RDS and the Mk1 Not? I mean the 2 does, since I have one, but I thought the 1 didn't. I'd get the 2, simply because it will be exceptionally cheap and why not have the latest.

T

the record spot

That's bang on John - I think the 260L was an early mid-90s design that Denon stuck with till the mark 2 came out. It didn't have the RDS feature which the latter model did.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts