admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having just got married, the wife has finally got fed up with the myriad of separates and wires and wants it all replaced with a simple all in one system. I'm quite willing to buy an Arcam Solo but she can't comprehend spending £1000 on a hifi. I've noticed Denons S-81 but can't find any reviews I trust and would value any opinions. Also, I don't like the look of the speakers and would like to keep my trusty Missions. However, I notice that the Denon has bespoke speaker connectors. Is there any way of hacking these connectors to incorporate a higher quality speaker cable?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not good news on the Denon, I'm afraid, Tottignon. It was reviewed in the October issue last year, and got just two stars, with the comment that 'you can buy a sonically superior micro for half the price'. Since then the price has fallen from £600 to £500, but the micros the magazine really rates are the TEAC DR-H300DAB, at £330, the £300 Yamaha CRX-M170 and the £300 Onkyo CS-515UK. The Onkyo won the 2006 Award in its category, and you can buy it without the matching speakers, as the CR-515UK, for about £230.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Buy the Onkyo CR-515 and get some decent speakers like the mordaunt short 902i.

This sounds much better than the Denon, I heard it and the sound was very disapointing.

A

Anonymous

i also heard denon s-81,sounds good with another speakers...onkyo sounds good too but cd mechanism is too load,you're gonna hear it a lot during lower volume level (which is untolerable in my opinion).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts