Denon PMA-2000AE

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
DeimosNZ:Does anyone have experience with this amp? I like the way it looks, curious to know how it sounds.

Hey, dont worry about the relative lack of replies
emotion-5.gif
. Denon's are not on the 'in' list on this forum and rarely make it on anybodies shortlist. Regarded as to common here though I wonder how many here know that Denon make some very upmarket products. I will get hold of one as soon as I can, not at least as I'm in need of an entire system myself having sold off most of my 'old' system (it was very up to date) to clear the runway so to speak. If the PMA1500 is anything to go by, the bigger model should be absolutely stunning, the same goes for the players.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
whatever quality speaker I have at hand at the time and whatever matches well. Sorry I can't be more specific. ALR Jordan's Note 3 (over 1k) sounded divine with the smaller amplifier so did Epos'es 12.2i at a more 'realistic' price though I have no doubt that the larger PM2000 should excell with far more 'esoterik' company if the smaller amplifier is anything to go by. Transparency is the issue here to make most of the products sublime musicality and ability to unveil detail in a together/coherent way.

By the way, I'm no expert in subwoofers and so far resisted them in a hifi context but we had a little MJA Pro 50 connected with both speakers and the result was very nice indeed.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
ear, it sounds like you're in a bit of a conundrum about what amplifier to choose. Perhaps give the Denon another go with better speakers. I know it always sounds like I don't think much about arcam but their amplifiers are not bad. I'd call them a safe bet, unlikely to offend they do many things ok and ultimately dont offend or grate and that is important in itself. Personally, the ones I've heard would'nt be my choice but many people like them and I'm sure for good reason.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
yep I just want something that doesn't grate.I really was tempted with the 1500 a few weeks ago.but now i really dont know if i want so spend more ,beeing quite unpleased with the fore experiences.

DeimosNZ

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks. Denon isn't 'cool' here either (except for HT gear)- still it looks nice and can be regularly had at a bargain price. Will arrange a listen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts