Denon M33 and Monitor Audio BX1 or BX2 ?

edko

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Are the Monitor Audio BX1 or BX2 compatible with the Denon M33 ?

The thing is I've heard the Monitor Audio BX2 and I'm amazed but I can't change my amplifier / CD player now so I'm wondering if I can use the BX2 with my old Denon M33 for a year or two before I can finally upgrade.

I don't want to damage neither the BX2 neither the M33.

edko said:
Are the Monitor Audio BX1 or BX2 compatible with the Denon M33 ?

The thing is I've heard the Monitor Audio BX2 and I'm amazed but I can't change my amplifier / CD player now so I'm wondering if I can use the BX2 with my old Denon M33 for a year or two before I can finally upgrade.

I don't want to damage neither the BX2 neither the M33.

Hi edko

You can safely use your DM33 with BX2's. Just keep the volume in check.

Btw, BX2's fully justify the premium over the already impresive BX1's.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

edko

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your time.

Yes I'll go with the BX2 then... Just to know, I've seen some packages with BX2 and DM38 in the UK (too bad I'm in Montreal) and with Denon N7 but also I've seen good reviews of TEAC Ref 600.

What could be a later move from my DM33 (knowing I'll already have the BX2) ?

edko

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

The 600 is a bit expensive though. What about the Teac CR-H500NT ?

I'll try to find a shop to listen it but I was just wondering...

Cheers,

edko

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

The 600 is a bit expensive though. What about the Teac CR-H500NT ?

I'll try to find a shop to listen it but I was just wondering...

Cheers,

edko

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I finally went to a shop with my 5 years old DM33 and connected it to the BX2. That was a disaster compared to the amazing feeling I had trying the BX2 with NAD 325BEE and Marantz CD6002 so I decided to upgrade all at a time...

I went to other shops and tested several speakers but always preferred the BX2 so now I'm wondering what to use with those speakers. In a shop, I tried the NAD 326BEE + 515BEE setup but they don't have BX2 so I don't know if that will match. They also offered me a bargain on the Rega Brio 3 but I couldn't test that with the same CD player!

I'm a bit confused so I'm wondering if someone knows about such possible combinations to go with the BX2:

CD Player:

* NAD 515BEE

* NAD 545BEE

* Marantz CD6003

Amp:

* NAD 326BEE

* Rega Brio 3

* Marantz PM6003

* Rotel RA-04SE

* Yamaha AS 500

All those combinations matches my budget so the question is about sound rendering only.

Cheers,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts