Denon DVD-2500BT ???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Judst purchsced onr of these Oon the sales guy's recommendation from Audio T ...........Iknow I should've Demoed it
emotion-7.gif

Just wanted the expert's opinions on it please

Is it good with music Cd's etc?

Id there a review here? can't seem to find one

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
WHF 5 star review

I bought one in February for £600 on the strength of the above review. I thought it was overpriced for the little in performance it gained over my Sony BDP-S350. DVD playback was a big improvement on the Sony, but the difference in HD playback didn't warrant the £400 extra at the time. CD replay will depend to a degree on your amp as it's a transport only, but Denon's trademark smooth sound is the basis, not particularly exciting.

Hopefully you've paid a lot less than £600, a lot of people do like the player, I'm just not one of them which is why I sold mine a few months later.

A

Anonymous

pete321:
WHFYeah I got it for £382.96

I bought one in February for £600 on the strength of the above review. I thought it was overpriced for the little in performance it gained over my Sony BDP-S350. DVD playback was a big improvement on the Sony, but the difference in HD playback didn't warrant the £400 extra at the time. CD replay will depend to a degree on your amp as it's a transport only, but Denon's trademark smooth sound is the basis, not particularly exciting.

Hopefully you've paid a lot less than £600, a lot of people do like the player, I'm just not one of them which is why I sold mine a few months later.

Thanks for reply

I got it for £383. The reason I plumped for this because I demoed the LXpd52 along with the scLX82 But as I was umming & ahing about the quote the sales guy said I could hve the Denon -2500 instead of the LX52 which would save a bitof cash so being a denon I said ok
emotion-5.gif
He actually thought the Denon was better than the pio anyway.

Any more views?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I have seen the Denon in action, but not the Pioneer.

But from what i can tell from forums.......the Denon is an excellent player for blu ray and DVD. I heard it play cd's through a Denon 2310 receiver and Q Acoustics 1030i, and was quite impressed. (Again the quality of cd reproduction will depend on the receiver, as mentioned above).

The drawbacks for the Denon are firstly the size of machine (if that bothers you), and secondly, it is meant to be very slow at loading up.

The Pioneer, I reckon, will be similar in quality, but with slightly quicker loading times. It also has Profile 2.0......again if that is something your interested in......

So, to me, it comes down to the price and whether your happy to wait a little longer for loading times......personally, I would buy the Denon for that price over spending £500+ for the Pioneer, but I always like a bargain!!!!

A

Anonymous

piobob, where did you get your denon for that price?

A

Anonymous

brett morris:piobob, where did you get your denon for that price?

Audio T but it was priced in with other gear (probably to seal the deal
emotion-5.gif
)

A

Anonymous

Pistol Pete1:
I have seen the Denon in action, but not the Pioneer.

But from what i can tell from forums.......the Denon is an excellent player for blu ray and DVD. I heard it play cd's through a Denon 2310 receiver and Q Acoustics 1030i, and was quite impressed. (Again the quality of cd reproduction will depend on the receiver, as mentioned above).

The drawbacks for the Denon are firstly the size of machine (if that bothers you), and secondly, it is meant to be very slow at loading up.

The Pioneer, I reckon, will be similar in quality, but with slightly quicker loading times. It also has Profile 2.0......again if that is something your interested in......

So, to me, it comes down to the price and whether your happy to wait a little longer for loading times......personally, I would buy the Denon for that price over spending £500+ for the Pioneer, but I always like a bargain!!!!

Thanks Pete Ive done it now because I like a bargain too,Hope it works out that way
emotion-5.gif

will keep you posted when I get it

PS am I right in saying Profile 2 is thebritish profile?

If so Why would the Denon be only profile 1?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts