DENON DP-300F vinyl to PC Question

biganthony13

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone,

This is my first post here so bare with me haha. I have a DENON DP-300F that I've been using for listening to my vinyl. I have a FIIO x5 that I listen to all of my CD's that I've converted to FLAC. I want to transfer my vinyl collection (the records I have that can't be found on CD) to my PC at cd quality. What is the best interface for doing this?

I don't know much about pre-amps etc, and I'm not sure if this DENON has an amp already or if I need an interface with an amp. What do you recommend? I don't want to spend too much, preferably $200 or below.

Thanks!

Anthony

Gray

biganthony13 said:
Hey everyone,

This is my first post here so bare with me haha. I have a DENON DP-300F that I've been using for listening to my vinyl. I have a FIIO x5 that I listen to all of my CD's that I've converted to FLAC. I want to transfer my vinyl collection (the records I have that can't be found on CD) to my PC at cd quality. What is the best interface for doing this?

I don't know much about pre-amps etc, and I'm not sure if this DENON has an amp already or if I need an interface with an amp. What do you recommend? I don't want to spend too much, preferably $200 or below.

Thanks!

Anthony

Welcome to the forum Anthony.

Your turntable has a built-in phono preamp. It's rear 'Equalizer' switch needs to be on.

Check out Behringer UCA202 interface. This would take the amplified signal from your turntable and convert it to (16 bit, 48kHz) digital for you to record via its USB output.

Best to monitor vinyl recording on headphones - and it's even got its own socket / volume control for that.

It is powered by the USB socket that you plug it into and comes with record/editing software (though you may prefer to use your own).

Given your requirements, this device could have been made for you.

Best of all it costs around £23 - not sure on exchange rate but probably within your $200 budget!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts