Denon DM37 DAB - Speaker options

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking at getting a DM37DAB and am in a bit of a lather over which speakers to get...

I've read the good reviews of the tannoy F1s, but having looked at a pair in richer sounds, I'm not too happy at the build quality (I think they look a bit MFI). The system at Richer Sounds would be £199 for the DM37 and £79 for the F1s

The next alternative would be to pair the DM37 with some wharfdale 9.1s, again good reviews and the build quality is supposedly better, although I've not seen a pair yet. Richers have the 9.1s for £100.

The final option is the Monitor Audio BR1, which Audio-T are doing for £299 as a package with the DM37, the build quality on these s superb, although I note that they are rear-ported, and I notice that there's no review on here...

Any thoughts? What's the craic with the BR1s, are they so old that it is before the review archive exists?

Wightknight

Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andersoi,

I recommend you do a search on the Forums for "DM37 speakers". You will see that there have been a series of similar discussions in the past with some strong recommendations for some speakers.

I am using the BR1s (bought from Audio-T) with mine and I am very happy with the system and the sound. I am not sure why WHFSV has not reviewed the BR1s. I have assumed it is just a case of "So many speakers, so little time ....."

I am sure you will be pleased with the sound whichever choice you make.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Had the same problem myself last year. There's a pretty wide choice of speakers which go well with the DM37. I started off with a list of those to look at and eliminated them one at a time. (Based on 'finish' , 'size' and what I thought sounded good). Ended up with the BR1s and glad I did. Well impressed with them. I wouldn't be concerned about there being no WHF review on them. Nigh on everything else MA make has been reviewed with excellant results. Unlikely the BR1 would be reviewed as rubbish.

You could also consider the MS902i speakers, and there may still be some excellant deals on the Wharfedale 9.0.

A

Anonymous

For people with the BR1s how do you find them with them being rear ported? This is the only thing that's putting me off, otherwise it's the Wharfdale 9.1s

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
andersoi:For people with the BR1s how do you find them with them being rear ported? This is the only thing that's putting me off, otherwise it's the Wharfdale 9.1s

The rear port on my BR1s hasn't bothered me at all. Got them wall mounted (proper speaker brackets) so the back of the speakers are only about 4 inches from the wall. Sounds great. They come with foam bungs if you want to block the ports.

You're right about the build quality, superb. Think they look cooler without the grills.

A

Anonymous

Hi There,

I have a similar question - I can get the DM37 for a similar price with the following speaker packages:

Denon SCM37
QAcoustic 2010
Tannoy F1 Mercury
Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

What Hi-Fi recently gave the QAcoustics 2010's 5 *s - Are they better than the others? Has anybody compared these 4 options? Is there a clear winner?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts