Denon DM-38DAB

martinfbrown

Oct 7, 2007
Visit site
hi,

I have been looking at the above Denon mini hifi. I have some Akai speakers which are of the same impedance required for the denon system. Anyone know if there would be any problems using these speakers. Thanks

Martin

martinfbrown

Oct 7, 2007
Visit site
hi,

I have just looked at the specs from your link, and it seems according to that, it will not play CD-R, CD-RW. The only way i would be able to play is by using my sony mp3 player(copying the music onto that). the speakers I have are from an old Akai HI-Fi system, it just seemed false economy to purchase the denon with speakers. thanks

Martin

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
yes - as I said above, it appears not to play those formats, but check with your dealer, as they'll be able to advise, or check on Denon's website (WHF may have made an error (although that's unlikely)).

I haven't seen any Akai hi-fis for a while, so I imagine it may be quite old, and they were a budget range (as I recall). Using those speakers could be a bit of a false economy - a bit like buying a new sports car and putting on second-hand tyres from a old banger.

That said - listen to it at the dealer with some music you know well, then take it home and set-up with your old speakers. Listen again. You may find yourself with a bit of upgrade-itis!

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Just tried for you.

Plays both tdk cdr and maxell cdrw no problem (I tried audio cdr/cdrw recorded on Marantz DR6000 cd recorder. I do not have any music on data cdr/cdrw recorded on computer).

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
martinfbrown:I have downloaded the manual for the DM-38DAB, and according to that, it will play CD-R and CD-RW.

Tech specs on site amended accordingly, although will take a short while to percolate through to the live pages. Apologies for error.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts